Homemade Margherita pizza that will rival your favorite pizzeria
San Marzano Tomatoes
Mozzarella, 1/2" cubed
Extra virgin olive oil
OVEN TEMP: Med/Med
TOTAL TIME: 15 mins
COPY TO CLIPBOARD
- Fire up your Carbon oven and allow it to preheat.
- Using a small amount of flour or semolina, dust your Carbon peel. Stretch the dough ball out to 12 inches and slide it on your pizza peel.
- In a food processor, blend together whole, drained San Marzano canned tomatoes, a splash of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Using a spoon spread an even layer of pizza sauce onto your pizza dough.
- Top with fresh mozzarella and cubed mozzarella.
- Add half the basil leaves and drizzle pizza with olive oil.
- Launch the pizza off the peel and into your Carbon oven and rotate until golden brown.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Finish pizza with torn basil leaves and an additional drizzle of extra olive oil, if desired. Serve hot.