Squash, Spinach + Fried Egg Pizza
A satisfying medley of flavors ready for warm weather
Pizza dough ball - 12" pizza
Summer Squash, thinly sliced
OVEN TEMP: Med/Med
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
COPY TO CLIPBOARD
- Fire up your Carbon oven and allow it to preheat.
For the Sautéed Spinach:
- Sauté the spinach with olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper until tender. Set aside and let cool.
For the Pizza:
- Using a small amount of flour or semolina, dust your Carbon peel. Stretch the dough ball out to 12 inches and slide it on your pizza peel.
- Top with sautéed spinach and a thin layer of squash.
- Meanwhile, In a skillet over medium-low, add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Gently crack the egg into the skillet. Spoon butter over the egg until sunny-side up or yolk is almost set.
- Launch the pizza off the peel and into your Carbon oven and rotate until golden brown.
- Finish the pizza with feta, fried egg and extra butter from skillet.
- Top with a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce.
Use a mandoline slicer for the squash for even, thin slices.