Traditional Pizza Dough
All pizza dough starts with the same basic ingredients. Here's a simple recipe for every time you fire up the oven.
Flour, all-purpose, unbleached
Extra virgin olive oil
TOTAL TIME: 4 Hours
COPY TO CLIPBOARD
- In a mixing bowl, blend about 2 tbsp of the pre-measured water and combine with 1/2 of the yeast. Let rest until a bit frothy.
- Add the remaining water to the frothy yeast mixture. Blend in 1/2 of the flour and mix until all the flour in the bowl is wet. Let rest 4-24 hours at room temperature.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients, yeast and flour in a separate bowl. Add this mixture into the rested yeast mixture. Mix until incorporated. Rest 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the sugar, salt and oil and mix to combine. Cover and let rest at room temperature until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough to knead for a few minutes. Cover and rest at room temperature until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 8oz. dough ball weights and shape into spheres. Rest in a covered bowl or container until doubled in size.
This recipe will yield approximately three 8oz. dough balls.
Desired Dough Ball Weight: 240.0g