Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Whip up this whole wheat pizza dough with some easy pantry staples.
1. In a mixing bowl, blend about 2 tbsp of the pre-measured water and combine with 1/2 of the yeast. Let rest until a bit frothy.
2. Add the remaining water to the frothy yeast mixture. Blend in 1/2 of the flour and mix until all the flour in the bowl is wet. Let rest 4-24 hours at room temperature.
3. Mix the remaining dry ingredients, yeast and flour in a separate bowl. Add this mixture into the rested yeast mixture. Mix until just incorporated and wet. Rest 15-20 minutes.
4. Add in the sugar, salt and oil and mix to combine. Cover and let rest at room temperature or refrigerated until doubled in size.
5. Deflate the dough to knead for a few minutes. Cover and rest at room temperature until doubled in size.
6. Divide the dough into desired dough ball weights and shape into spheres. Rest in a covered bowl or container until doubled in size.